Friday, September 21, 2012

Glitter & Lace: Part 1~ How to Glitter

Hey there! Today I am bringing you a few creatables. They are made with 2 of my favorite things- Glitter and Lace. These creatables will leave you with lots- and I do mean LOTS- of fashionable accessories for you AND your home!

The first things I will be showing you today are the glitter projects. These can be messy, but only if you make it messy. ;) And with that, we begin!

Alright so the first project of the glitter trio is how to glitter. You can virtually glitter anything. I found this tutorial on Pinterest, as I find most tutorials, but the picture is linked to I am Style-ish. This is a great blog and I am really glad I found this post.

Credit: www.iamstyle-ish.com
 The first step is to gather these supplies. She used Martha Stewart Craft Glitter but any glitter will do. TIP: To prevent that messiness I warned you of, lay down newspaper for an easy cleanup.
Now you fill the object (this one is a glass candle votive) with Mod Podge (Find out how to make it yourself here) and glitter, creating a mixture of the two. Swirl it around until it covers the entire area and set it upside down to dry for about a day. You will likely have to do this twice to make it turn out perfect. After it dries, I suggest spraying the glitterized object with a clear glaze to ensure your glitter will not fall off. If you don't have any that's fine, the tutorial says that it won't fall off. I just would do that as an extra precautionary action.

Here is her finished result.
credit: www.iamstyle-ish.com
As you can see she even glitterized her iPhone Case! I think this is a great tutorial on how to glitter.

Stay tuned for another glitter project! Coming to your monitor soon!

♥, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment